These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website. By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal
3. Copyright notice
Copyright (c) 2016 University of Namur - University of Louvain. Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the material on our website;
- some content may be subject to individual copyright notices (always visible in our website) and are subject to reserved usage rights; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
4. Licence to use the website
- You may:
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for personal, academic or non-profit purposes; and
- print pages from our website for personal, academic or non-profit usages;
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our website for your own personal, academic, or non-profit purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material that has been extracted from our website.
- Except the content explicitly licensed under third-party copyrights, you may :
provided appropriate and explicit credit to our website, in a visible and non-ambiguous manner.
- republish material from our website; and
- show any material from our website in public;
- You may not :
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website; or
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
5. Acceptable use
- You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to the website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
6. Registration and accounts
- To be eligible for an individual account on our website under this Section 6, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website, and clicking on the verification link in the email that the website will send to you.
- You must not allow any other person to use your account to access the website.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- You must not use any other person's account to access the website.
7. User login details
- If you register for an account with our website, your registration email address will become your user account.
- You must keep your password confidential.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
- You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
8. Cancellation and suspension of account
- We may suspend and/or cancel your account at any time in our sole discretion if we are aware of any violation to the present terms. In such case, you will be notified using your registration email.
- You may cancel your account on our website using your account control panel on the website.
9. Your content : Licenses
- In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
- You grant to us and to other users of our website a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media under these terms and conditions.
- You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and, apart from content subject to individual copyright applying to linked external resources and clearly indentified as such, you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- You may edit your content, as well as other users content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
10. Your content: Rules
- You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
- Your content refer to appropriate original source, when this source is subject to an individual copyright.
- Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage; and
- constitute spam;
11. Limited warranties
- We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
12. Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to Section 12.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
13. Breaches of these terms and conditions
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
- Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions. You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
17. Third party rights
A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of the parties rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
18. Entire agreement
19. Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Belgian law. Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Belgium.
20. Statutory and regulatory disclosures
This website is owned and operated by the University of Namur and the Univesity of Louvain. Our principal places of business are at rue de Bruxelles 61, B-5000 Namur (BELGIUM) for the University of Namur and Place de l'Université 1, B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (BELGIUM) for the University of Louvain. You can also contact us by email, as published in our contact tab.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal
3. Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, gender, date of birth, educational details and employment details); and
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
4. Using personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website;
- personalise our website for you;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
You may belong to one or more groups:
- other group members may be able to view your personal information;
- you may publish private contributions in this group;
- depending on the group policy, clearly stated in the group properties, your contributions may be or become publicly visible;
- group administrators may be able to update or delete your publications;
- if such an editing, deletion or change in visibility would occur, you will get notified by mail.
If you belong to a private group:
- depending on the group policy, other group members may not be able to view your personal information; and
- depending on the group policy, other group members may not be able to view your contributions.
5. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. International data transfers
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information:
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may not be transferred to the countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area without your prior consent.
7. Retaining personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Typically, any deleted data will be irredeemably deleted after 3 months, except:
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
8. Security of personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- Even if we use secured-connections, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will never ask you for your password, except when you log in to our website..
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. We will notify you of changes to this policy by email.
10. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. In such case, you must supply any requested appropriate evidence of your identity. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
11. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.